Sunday 12 January 2014

The things I'll miss the most

As the time for us to go and begin our adventure draws ever closer, I've begun to look at everything around me in my life through rose tinted glasses. I'm already using the phrase "this'll be the last time I do this for quite a while!" And naturally it's made me think about the things in my life I'm going to miss the most while we're off on our adventure, so here's what I'll miss the most:

My family and friends


This almost goes without saying, I'm really going to miss them all, my friends who I see often and play football with each week and my family. Without their support I wouldn't have the courage to chase my dreams like we are. Having seen more of them recently thanks to Christmas, the pangs on the heartstrings were stronger than ever but they'll all be here for us when we get back. Above all else I feel terrible that I'll miss seeing my two young niece's who have only just begun to know me - but hey, hopefully I'll be the cool uncle to them and I can show off my tan when I come home!

Watching my beloved Southampton F.C


Although I don't go to see them as much as I want to, I'm really going to miss going to see live matches at my church: St. Marys. There's many reasons, most importantly of which is that I always go with my grandad and watching Southampton together has always been our special bond. Other than that I'll miss the boozy away days with my mates, plus Southampton have actually started to come good again and I'm really worried that the best period in their history will coincide with my absence! That said, you can rest assured I'll either find a bar and watch games at ridiculous hours of the night or I'll find an internet feed and get my fix of the saints by hook or by crook.

My PlayStation


Claire won't like this inclusion, but I can't deny it. I've always been a gamer, I think I always will be, in fact I'll probably be gaming with my great grandkids until mfriends
 can't hold the controller as they're crippled from arthritis. I'll be taking my tablet with me which will be loaded up with games, but nothing beats the experience of a console with superior graphics and gameplay so for this reason I know there'll be times I'll miss my PlayStation.

Cider


You might expect me to put a cup of tea wouldn't you? Well I think there's more chance of me finding a half decent cuppa in south east Asia than there is of finding a pint of cider. Sounds silly, but I know there'll be a lot of hot days and although I'm sure to have supply of cocktails not far away, I'll miss that ever so British, ever so refreshing taste of a cold pint of cider on a hot summers day.

So these are the things I think I'll miss the most, I'll come back to this post on my return and it'll be interesting to see what I really did miss. Anyway, I'm not going forever so I'll experience them all again before I know it, but in the meantime I'm going to surround myself with the above as much as I can while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment